Sunday, February 25, 2007

"...Your chosen precious child..."

All of our soloists at Brainerd Baptist Church are tremendously talented and bless me whenever they sing but Melissa's song tonight was special. This modern treatment of "Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed" really fit in perfectly with remembering Jesus' death by taking communion. I was reminded once again how amazing it is that God would give the life of his son to pay my sin debt. That I can be called his "chosen precious child" brings me to my knees in humble gratitude.

Melissa has been fighting sickness this week and for her to sing tonight was a testimony to her spirit. Thank you Melissa for your song.

--Collin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great song. I think the new melody gives it a great somber tone! Thanks to Melissa for sharing in the worship.