Tuesday, February 20, 2007

BBCKTD (Brainerd Baptist Church Krystal Throw Down)

Contrary to popular belief, I am not an "all you can eat" kind of guy. I left those days behind me several years ago when I came to the realization that I am getting old. For this reason I did not enter the BBCKTD (Brainerd Baptist Church Krystal Throw Down). The event was held Sunday night in "The Crossing" with over 100 people in attendance. We watched middle school and high school boys and 1 girl (Leah Wilson) stuff Krystal hamburgers and Krispy Kreme doughnuts in a effort to lay claim to the title of "Eating Champ". At the end of the night we crowned 5 winners in 5 different divisions. Here are our winners.

Middle School:
  • Krystal: Jay Yates
  • Krispy Kreme: Andrew Barber

High School:
  • Krystal: Tyler Watson
  • Krispy Kreme: McLain Still

Adult:
  • Krispy Kreme: Bill Lane

For a side note, Bill Lane put on a show as he downed a dozen doughnuts to defeat the likes of Robert Rabon, Jim Barber and Travis Rann to be crowned adult "Eating Champ". Not sure he is ready to challenge McLain Still or Tyler Watson, but I am sure that his small group Bible Study is very proud of him for bringing home the crown. Not sure that his girls would say the same, but hey, you can't make everyone happy.

For all you Kobayashi wannabe's, get ready. You have a year to work up the skills needed to lay claim to the title of "Eating Champ" at next years "BBCKTD".

--Lee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to recommend Johnsonville Brats for next years eating contest.