Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What a privilege….

As I think about Bro. Darryl’s sermon from Sunday morning and as I visit with people who are either homebound or in nursing homes, I am reminded of the tremendous privilege it is to be able to listen to and read the Word of God.

I am reminded that I may not always have the ability to read the Bible with my eyes or hear God’s Word with my ears. One day I may only have of the Bible what I remember and have memorized. This underscores to me the importance of spending time in the Word and internalizing its message.

One resource I have found helpful is the Weekly Memory Plan available as an RSS feed through the web site for the ESV Bible. Each week they choose a different verse to memorize.

If you are new to the world of blogging (like me), there is a description of what RSS feeds are, along with a few other feeds (Verse of the day and Bible reading plans) you might find helpful by clicking here.

--Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Great post.