Tuesday, February 20, 2007

B-Ballers came out of the Woodwork!

Last night as I walked into the gym, there were already 25 people ready and waiting to play basketball, at our open gym! Just as I was about to get started about 10 more people walked in, and by the evenings end we had about 37 people, wanting to play basketball! It was very exciting. I got to meet some new faces and see some old faces as well. During the devotional time I shared about sports ministry and how we can use our talents and gifts to praise the Lord (Colossians 3:23). It was a great time, and I was very encouraged to see everyone come out and play. Next week, I hope to see everyone back again. I will be sharing about worshiping God in the sports arena. I was thinking about how many people we had last night and if we keep getting these kind of numbers will might have to have extend our hours!!!

--Ryan

No comments: