Monday, February 26, 2007

"Christian" Businesses

I am not a big fan of the term "Christian" business. Jesus died for people, not for businesses (Don't worry, this is not a rant). However, I do believe that businesses that are owned by Christians should be the best businesses around. Our work ethic (see Colossians 3:23) ought to be better. Our customer service should reflect the love of Christ (see Philippians 2:3). Having said that, there are 2 businesses I have had experience with lately which show the evidence of being managed and led by someone who wants to honor Christ or at least reflect Christian principles. They are both restaurants. (Hey, I like to eat, what can I say?)
  • The first is GollyWhoppers. This is a local restaurant off of East Brainerd. I have enjoyed lunch there many times. I have never been disappointed by the service, the atmosphere, or the food. Recently, we had an event for nearly 250 people. GollyWhoppers catered it, and did a great job. The food was excellent, and their staff was great to work with.
  • The second is Chick-Fil-A. I went there for lunch. I love that place. Great food, great atmosphere. I love the cows. Have you had their milkshakes? (Cookies and Cream is my recommendation). They take any coupon, valid or expired. They willingly give me free refills on their world-class lemonade. They have fountain Cherry Coke.
As you can tell, I am a raving fan of both places. I honestly believe that these businesses honor God by the way they take care of their customers. So, I guess running a "Christian business" is not just about putting the fish symbol on your business card.

--Curtis

No comments: