Tuesday, February 6, 2007

God is enough

I seem to get a lot of questions prefaced like this, "You're a preacher/pastor, so what do you think about..." I normally start feeling very awkward because (although this might come as a big shock) being a pastor does not equal being an expert in every biblical detail. But, I was relieved that I had some answers to one of those questions today. My sister emailed me asking me for references that remind us that God is enough, so I shared these with her.
  • Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
  • Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
  • 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
  • Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

I hope the verses encourage you like they encouraged me when I shared them with my sister.

--Curtis

No comments: