Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another great thing about Brainerd...

Yesterday I had the opportunity (really, the privilege) of sharing a few words at a funeral service for our church's former librarian. When I came to the funeral home, I noticed our church van was there in the processional line. When I walked in, I realized why. Several of our men were there to serve as pallbearers. There were six of them to be exact. These men all serve the church in so many ways. One of them directs our BX volunteers. One teaches a class of men faithfully each week. Another one provides transportation for people at our church from little children to senior adults. Another has an integral part in our outreach and missions strategy. Another leads a weekly nursing home service. The other was a staff member who often works more than a 40-hour week serving his church.

When the service was over, we came back to the church and a meal was prepared for the family. The ladies who fixed and served the meal also serve in great ways. I am so glad that God has blessed Brainerd. This type of service is not the aberration, but the norm!

Glad to serve along side servants,
--Curtis

No comments: