Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What does Elijah mean?

Brainerd begins some new classes tonight. Our pastor will lead a marriage class, Ruthie will be looking at a book that speaks about lies that women believe, Mark will guide a class through an awesome book that strengthens our faith, and Collin will continue to train servants/volunteers for The Gathering.

However, I am blessed by my opportunity to open God's Word with our group in prayer meeting. Tonight, I will begin a series called "The Lord Is My God." That is what Elijah's name means. What a statement concerning his allegiance. As much as I have come to admire the courage, trust and tenacity of Elijah, I have been MUCH MORE impressed by the Lord who Elijah served (and I serve). He is the hero of every story in the Bible, isn't He?

Tonight, we will be in 1 Kings 17. If you can't come, take a look at the chapter, and remind yourself to depend on God like Elijah did! God can absolutely be trusted.

--Curtis

No comments: