Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Great Privilege

Yesterday, I had a great privilege during our staff meeting. Our staff broke up into prayer groups, and my prayer partner for the time was the Pastor of our Hispanic Ministries, Carlos Betancourt. I love Carlos' humility and zeal. He asked me for ways that he could pray for me. I shared them with him. And then he asked if he could pray in Spanish, his native language. Of course, I said "Yes!"

As we prayed together and for each other in English and Spanish, I was reminded that our God is not worshiped by one race and one language alone. He is not an American deity. He is the God of the universe, worshiped and prayed to by Asians, Africans, Australians, and yesterday by someone from the US and someone from Ecuador.

I think that was the highlight of my day!

Curtis

No comments: