Wednesday, May 16, 2007

80 years

Today, I will have the privilege of preaching at one of our members' funeral. He was 82 years old. Last night, I was reminded of how many of our members (and my friends) are 80+. Eighty years is a lot of years on this planet. As I thought about that a little bit, I thanked God for the increase in life expectancy that we are blessed with today. It was not the case in the past, and is not the case in many developing countries.

I guess my thanksgiving was somewhat selfish in a way. I know that these people await a glorious future in the presence of Jesus, and often struggle with their health here. However, I am privileged to learn from them and be blessed by them being here. So, although we are not promised another breath, I am glad that many members of BBC have been given 80 years worth of breaths to impact multiple generations.

Curtis

No comments: